The man that walks 13 miles a day to go to work for 10 years

                        James Robertson spends most of his spare time commuting from his home in Detroit, Michigan, to work
James Robertson walks about eight miles to get to work and 13 miles home, five days a week, with a lack of buses making his night-time commute longer.
The 56-year-old has been walking to work ever since his car broke down a decade ago, with an online fundraising campaign being set up by a college student to replace it.
A new car won’t be a problem for the factory worker any longer, with several car dealerships offering him a new motor for free.
With more than $270,000 heading into his bank account, Mr Robertson could take his pick from some of the best cars on the market.
But top of his wishlist is a humble Ford Taurus, which costs $27,000 (£17,000), to get him to work and back.
“I'm a Ford fan," he told the Detroit Free Press.
                        
"I remember the Taurus. They look comfortable, nothing fancy. They're simple on the outside, strong on the inside - like me.
"I mostly stay with Americans cars - Lincoln, Fords, GM, Dodge."
The super-commuter also thanked everyone who has donated, but insisted the money and the attention would not change him.
"They say Los Angeles is the city of angels. That's wrong. Detroit is the real city of angels," he told the newspaper.
“I have to be careful how I act about this - the same God who brings you all these blessings can take them away, but hopefully I'm ready for what happens.”
He added: "I've seen what happens when people get money. My dad, God rest his soul, he still influences me. He's not going to let me get haughty."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alan Sugar causes racism row with his sand beach tweet and replied his critics to go to hell

Nigeria Central Bank Governor Breached The Quarantine To Fly Family To The UK

The former King of Spain leaves the country over alleged corruption